2022, V2_ Publishing
Becoming Geological functions as a manual for a new relation of the human with the earth and with the cosmos, invoking becoming metal, becoming earth and becoming cosmic as potential and multiple ways of being and as active philosophies of the earth; a guide for how to live and die within new planetary and cosmic techno-cycles. This divinatory guide has its roots and veins in the lustrous earths and waters of the Tiny Mining community, a mineral exploration collective committed to the open source exploitation of the interior of the human body for rare earth resources.
Table Of Contents
Martin Howse – Preface: Mining dreams.
– Agnieszka Anna Wołodźko – Tiny Mining: Theory of the earth from a sweatshop – on practising becoming cosmic
– The dose makes the poison. Interview with Ines Tomašek
– Aaron Parkhurst – Coffee and blood: A brief anthropological reading of Tiny Mining on and off-
– Anonymous sweatshop heavy metal test results
– Metals: Antimony, arsenic, copper, iron, lead, mercury, silver. Interview with a user
– Michael Marder – Geological Dis/Articulations
– Elaine Tam and Arthur Gouillart – Filth
– Thomas Moynihan – Orienting ourselves within life’s aeonic stream: or, what it means to have been produced by a planet
– Patricia MacCormack – From (immoral) Anthropos to ethical geo-stratum
– Rosemary Lee – Absorption, saturation, toxicity, elimination
– Anaïs Tondeur and Marine Legrand – Mourning the infinite
– Sissel Marie Tonn – We are all bog bodies
– Rosa Whiteley – Pollution-altered allures
– Alfonso Borragán – Stomach inside rock stomach
– Cecilia Jonsson – Petrified
more about the project here.